This bourbon recipe is rounded out with the sweetness and spice of creme de cocoa liqueur and homemade cinnamon simple syrup in addition to Maker’s Mark and coffee. The syrup is worth revisiting for use in other recipes although “simple” in its name. There’s no need to deprive yourself of this cold-weather classic if caffeine gets you easily wired. Substituting your favorite decaf coffee will work just as well with this bourbon recipe.
- 1 part Maker’s Mark Bourbon
- 3 parts hot coffee
- 1/2 part creme de cocoa
- 1/4 part cinnamon simple syrup
- Top with heavy cream or whipped cream
- Grated chocolate or cinnamon for garnish
- Include all the components to a mug or Irish Coffee Glass and stir.
- Garnish with grated chocolate or cinnamon (or both!) topping it with heavy cream or whipped cream.
- In order to make cinnamon syrup, mix equal parts sugar and water with one broken-up cinnamon stick per half-cup.
- Bring to a boil.
- Once sugar is completely melted, remove the pan from heat and let sit for at least 30 minutes.
- Strain out the cinnamon.
Click here for more Bourbon Flight news.
Click here to sign up for The Bourbon Flight Newsletter (coming January 2022).