Iced Biscoff Latte Recipe: How to Make the New Dalgona Coffee
Just because we’re starting to reenter society doesn’t mean we have to leave everything we’ve learned in quarantine behind. That includes how to make a delicious drink at home. In 2020, Dalgona coffee was the iced coffee drink that took TikTok by storm. Now, in 2021, we’ve got the Lotus Iced Biscoff Latte.
For those of you who aren’t in the know about Biscoff, it’s a cookie spread that’s often used as a frankly delicious alternative to peanut butter and other nut butters. Now it turns out that it can be used to upgrade your refreshing morning caffeine kick.
Though we can’t trace the origins of this specific recipe, TikTok user @7amcoffeeclub enraptured over 750,000 viewers with the Iced Biscoff Latte on June 1. The user made the drink by pouring hot espresso over a small scoop of Biscoff spread and mixing the concoction together. The user then transferred the mixture into a glass of iced cold milk with a hint of vanilla simple syrup and stirred.
While commenters were clearly inspired, one user added a helpful tip: “I made it with the crunchy spread once,” they wrote. “Don’t do that.”
Here’s what you need:
- Biscoff Lotus spread
- Hot coffee
- Vanilla simple syrup
- Milk or an alt-milk
- Mix a scoop of Biscoff with the hot coffee
- Add 1 teaspoon of vanilla simple syrup to a glass of ice
- Pour milk over ice
- Pour the hot coffee and Biscoff mixture over ice
- Stir it all together
Honestly, it’s an easier recipe than the Dalgona coffee drink, which was popularized by South Korean food vloggers in 2020. Still, if you prefer a challenge, here’s a refresher:
Here’s what you need to make a single serving of the frothy, iced drink:
- Instant coffee
- Hot water
- A hand mixer (or a whisk or a spoon, but see notes below)
- Milk or an alt-milk
- Measure out equal amounts of instant coffee, sugar, and hot water. (Start with 2 tablespoons each, and scale up from there.)
- Pour the ingredients into a bowl. The water needs to be hot or boiling to help the coffee and sugar dissolve.
- Mix. The best way to mix the ingredients involves an electric mixer on a medium setting, but you can also try vigorously mixing the paste with a bowl and spoon.
- Once you’ve got your foam, gently lay it over your glass of iced coffee.
Just don’t forget to post on TikTok!