In the Kitchen: Healthier Coffee Cake
Today in the kitchen, we welcome back Chef Gerry Dupont from Edible Creations by Gerry making a healthier coffee cake. This recipe can easily be made into a loaf, Bundt cake or muffins. It is great because it is low fat, low sugar and high protein. You can even add in whatever you like…berries, apples, banana, chocolate chips.
- 2 sticks butter (softened)
- 2 cups granulated sugar (Swerve sugar substitute)
- 4 large eggs
- 1 pint sour cream (substitute creamed avocado, fresh or frozen pulp)
- 1 quart fresh blueberries (or any fruit or add ins, bananas, chocolate chips, raspberries etc.)
- 4 cups all purpose flour (or wheat, or gluten free)
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2/3 cups milk and 2 Tablespoons vanilla extract (mix together)
- 1 cup vanilla protein powder
- Mix flour, baking soda, baking powder, protein powder and salt. Set aside.
- Cream sugar and butter in mixing bowl until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs one at a time, until well blended.
- Add in sour cream/avocado. Mix until incorporated. Slowly add in milk.
- Add in dry ingredients until blended.
- Then add in whatever you would like for chopped fruit, berries, chocolate chips etc.
- Deposit into loaf pans or pre-lined baking cups or Bundt pan.
- Bake at 350° for 45 to 55 minutes for a loaf. 30-35 minutes for muffins.
Rhode Show Content Disclaimer: The information, advice, and answers displayed in The Rhode Show section of WPRI.com are those of individual sponsors and guests and not WPRI-TV/Nexstar Media Group, Inc. WPRI.com presents this content on behalf of each participating Rhode Show sponsor. Sponsored content is copyrighted to its respective sponsor unless otherwise indicated.