Here are today’s 5 THINGS YOU NEED TO KNOW
1. US officials said yesterday American air defenses failed to intercept a weekend drone strike in northeast Jordan that killed three US troops because the incoming drone was mistaken for an American one. The 3 U.S. soldiers who lost their lives were Sgt. William Jerome Rivers, 46, of Carrollton, Georgia.; Spc. Kennedy Ladon Sanders, 24, of Waycross, Georgia.; and Spc. Breonna Alexsondria Moffett, 23, of Savannah, Georgia.
2. The Wichita Police are one step closer to catching the thieves who vandalized and stole the League 42 Jackie Robinson statue. They have recovered the truck used in the theft as donations continue to come in to make preperations to restore the site
3. A two-year AP investigation found that everything from grains, eggs, beef and milk have been grown, harvested or produced by incarcerated people. They are among America’s most vulnerable workers, some getting pennies an hour or nothing at all. If they refuse to work, they can jeopardize their chances of parole or face punishment.
4. Thanks to Netflix the Alex Murdaugh murder trial has taken on a life of its own. The latest is that Alex is not going anywhere, anytime soon. His appeal for a new trial based on jury tampering has been denied by a judge.
5. Tech billionaire Elon Musk said Monday that his brain-science startup company, Neuralink, had implanted a device in a human for the first time, a possible step toward a product that he said would allow people to control almost any external device “just by thinking.” We might want to rethink this, because if I dream about pizza rolls as a midnight snack while I’m sleeping, I don’t want to set the house on fire.
and THAT’S TRENDING